Wednesday, August 8, 2007

NY Subway


It started like a normal day: shower, got dressed and walked out of the building. I then found out the subway was closed (the image is of the MTA website showing all the trains were stopped). All of them. Apparently it rained hard enough/quick enough to flood the system. That meant that I had to find a way to get to work. I started walking on the east side looking for buses or a ferry, but neither worked. Then, I took a bus across town to the west side, where I took a ferry to Jersey City. Overall, it took about three hours to get to work where it normally takes 30-45 minutes.

The ride home was the exact opposite. On the subway, a group of three guys turned on a boom-box, while the car was in motion, and began an amazing break dance show that including flips off the vertical bars and a two-man wheel that rolled down the length of the subway car. It was definitely a good show and was one of the enjoyable diversions on my commute.

No comments: