Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Friends in NY

Jen visited NY from DC this last weekend. Definitely nice to see old friends in the city. We had a good time hanging out and doing the tourist thing. We traveled around Wall Street where we saw the New York Stock Exchange (left) and the 'bull' (below). I also took them to Ulysses' bar for an afternoon Guinness.

On a funny note, as Jen and I were leaving from a good BBQ dinner, I bumped into two friends from high school. We ended up hanging out the next day/evening. It was good to catch up, especially at my first club where I, unfortunately, had to pay my first cover to get into a bar in NY.

On a side note, wings and ribs are very big around here (or at least with the people I hang out with). My group introduced me to an amazing bar (Mudville 9) that serves wings ranging in flavors of mild, medium, wow and super wow along side of half racks of ribs. The meat on the ribs fell right off.

No comments: