Monday, July 30, 2007

Week ... I lost count



The weather in NY is definitely different than California. In particular, the humidity and the occasional thunder storm always add some excitement to the day. Even with the sporadic downpours, the city and its people are prepared. Fortuitously, I walked out into the rain from the subway to find a man selling $3 umbrellas that were worth every penny.

One benefit of working the long hours is occasionally I get food and transportation. I am still engrossed by the work and want to make my project work.

The last week was one of the toughest weeks for the market in five years. All that action and volatility led to huge amounts of volume.

The interns had a volunteer day on Friday in which we all went to clean up a beach. Picking up garbage and dealing with the mosquitoes was not terribly fun, but I enjoyed dipping my feet in the Atlantic and playing soccer on the beach.

I saw Avenue Q over the weekend. It was a good show and I really enjoyed the cast and the puppets.

Life in NY is very expensive, but I figure I might as well enjoy it while I am here.

It is official: my family has moved to souther California.

No comments: