Sunday, July 22, 2007

A couple weeks later

Only in New York can the bar you went to the previous night end up on the front page of Yahoo.

The night life in NY is amazing. In particular, the fact that the bars close at 4 AM and then after a short diner visit, you can see the sunrise over the east river. Quite amazing.

Work is going well. Still keeping busy and teaching me many things.

The last weekend I had a very nice time going out with friends to bars, the MOMA, central park and one of the best Texes BBQs imaginable.

If you are interested in a fun and beautiful movie, I highly suggest Ratatouille. The visuals are amazing and it is simply enjoyable to watch. After the movie we happened to come across a book store at midnight. Normally it would have been closed; instead, hundreds of people were packed into the store to pick up the final book in the Harry Potter series. I picked my own copy up the next day and began reading it while in a small park looking over the east river.

A fellow intern and I proceeded to purchase Broadway tickets. Our first picks of Wicked, Spamalot and Avenue Q were sold out and we were only able to get Phantom of the Opera. At first I was hesitant to see the show, not knowing if I would like it, but it turned out to be amazing. The entire production, the lighting, the music were tremendous. I will definitely be seeing more shows.

I did have Yankee tickets, however, due to a broken steam pipe, the subways were shut down and I was not able to attend. The event though was a crazy experience to be part of with people running through the streets and a large cloud of steam rising from midtown Manhattan. Video below.

No comments: